1st draft

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Hmm, where to start? My very first post on my very first blog...a little daunting to say the least! This year (2010) I made myself a new years resolution that for once I am determined not to break. I vowed to start persuing my dreams. Pretty vague I know, but to me it makes perfect sense. Towards the end of 2009, I took a big leap into the (relatively) unkown. I quit my job as a teaching assistant, sold a hefty chunk of my junk, boarded a plane and moved to South Africa from Blighty. My fiance of 2 years (Louis) is a South African born and bred, so I took the opportunity to exprience a simpler life in the South African Bushveld. It has been a great period of reflection for me, something I haven't really experienced before, mainly because in the UK there was always too many distractions, but here there is very little to distract me (apart from scary wildlife that seems intent of maiming or killing. I spend a fair amount of time shrieking and running away from all manner of bugs, snakes, spiders and unidentified freaky things). Louis works full time, and I was suddenly left with a hell of a lot of time on my hands in my new roll playing "housewife". I was, at last, finally able to do some soul searching. I was desperate for a career change, and I am now on the road to making that happen. This blog will be many things for me; an outlet (its pretty lonely here in the busveld), a diary (my memory is a bit rubbish so hopefully this will help me not to forget my experiences here), and a way of staying in touch with all those folk I left behind. I'm usually a bit rubbish at keeping up things like journals, but I've been so inspired by other peoples blogs that this will hopefully become one of my new hobbies. If I start to slack please feel free to slap me on the wrists. So here is to another new chapter in my life, happy 2010 peeps. Mwah! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment