1st draft

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

aarrgghh, so frustrated

My head is buzzing with ideas of things I want to create to take home and give to friends and family. Louis grandma and mum kindly donated all their scraps of fabric to me, and I had a great time sorting through them and deciding what to make with them. Unfortunately there is still alot I need before I can actually start. I have a habit of starting things that don't get finished, usually because there is something I need to be able to finish it but don't have. Today was a classic example; I found a wonderful tutorial at sewmamasew. com (http://sewmamasew.com/blog2/?p=4778) for making a valentines card from fabric. I was so excited about making it, today was my last opportunity before Valentines day as Louis is off work from tomorrow till the 15th. I cut all my fabric to size, was just about to start sewing when I realised I needed interfacing. So, I tried substituting it for other fabrics, but all that did was make it too chunky. I tried melting a plastic sack to the fabric, but all it did was shrink the plastic and make a horrible mess. So I had to admit defeat. Now I'm uber bored, and frustrated, and don't know what to do with myself. Living in the arse end of no-where means I can't just pop to the shops when I need something. I'm so used to living in a place where shops are just 5 mins down the road. Doing the grocery shopping once a month took some getting used to, and I don't mind that so much anymore. But, when it comes to being creative I like to act on impulse, when the mood takes me. I must make sure that when Louis and I go to town next that I stock up on sewing supplies.

On a lighter note, Margaret the chicken hatched 11 eggs! well, 10 actually....I hatched the last one in my cleavage! Most of Magarets eggs hatched on Sunday, and by Tuesday her little babies where running off all over the place so she left her nest to follow them. There we 3 eggs left unhatched. I thought the were probably never going to hatch so went to discard them. As I picked up one of the eggs I heard a very faint peeping coming from inside, I couldn't believe it! The chick inside was alive! The egg felt cold, and I was pretty sure it wouldn't make it without my help. Without really thinking about it, I shoved the egg in my cleavage to warm it up. My quick thinking worked, slowly but surely the egg started to hatch. It was quite humbling watching the little chick hatch. He was so tiy compared t his brothers and sisters that I kept him with me for a couple of days to let him get a bit stronger. He lived in my pocket, and if he seemed cold and shivery, I poppedhim back in my cleavage where he seemed very content. I named him Bubba. He's doing really well now, I'm so proud :) All 11 chicks are running around in the pen, and as crazy at it sounds, each of them has their own little personality.




No comments:

Post a Comment